Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

あけましておめでとうございます!
Akemashite Omedetou Gozaimasu!

Already 2009?! I can't really understand that we're at the end of the -00's. What was the style of this decade? Did it have a flavor? I haven't got it yet, it all went so fast. On the other hand, I'm still watching old episodes of Seinfeld so I guess I'll be stuck in the -90's forever...

Anyways.

I spent the whole winter vacation with Natsuko's family (Thank you so much!). Wonderful food, a little bit of activity but mostly just taking it easy... Exactly what I needed. I am very much ready for the new year! I do hope that I'll be able to take some nice pictures.


Natsuko and her mother.


手巻き寿司(Te-maki-zushi), Hand-Rolled Sushi is so delicious. And every dinner was a feast like this!


Gate to Chinatown in Yokohama.


Crowds in Chinatown.


Being in Chinatown kind of felt like being abroad... So where am I now?


Chestnut salesman.

Outside Yokohama Museum of Art. We saw an exhibition with paintings by Paul Cézanne. One of them was called "Effect of water reflection". I got inspired/copied it. ^^


Taiko drummers at train station in Yokohama. I really would like to try this someday.


Playing pool in Shibuya. I lost... again.


The moon. Can you see the craters?



That's it.

Take care!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And after Seinfeld? The Sopranos? You should try more recent series, such as Dexter or The Wire.