Saturday, September 26, 2009

IKEA Japan

To Swedes living abroad, IKEA is where you go when you want Swedish food, candy and (in rare cases) furniture.

The weird thing is that I've only been back in Japan for a little more than a week and I have already paid a visit to the Tokyo store. It's strange because I just spent 6 whole weeks enjoying Sweden and I shouldn't need this yet. Am I perhaps a little homesick? Hmm...

Meatballs (Swedish?), potato chips, and marshmallow cars (Ahlgrens bilar).

We spent almost 2 hours looking at how we could furnish our apartment (if we stayed at the same place for more than 12 months). And we found the best thing IKEA has to offer just at the end, in the food store close to the exit. Swedish "Wästgöta kloster" cheese! We used to eat this all the time when Natsuko was an exchange student at KTH.

Natsuko's reaction when finding this golden treasure.

Someone has told me that one slice of cheese contains the same amount of fat as 2 pork chops... So these days I'm having the equivalent of 4 steaks, every morning. Yum yum!

Ok, that's it.
Take care!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was very nice seeing you back in Sweden. I have also already been to Ikea once since we came back... and I just ordered two bags of OLW cheesedoodles from my brother who is coming over in a week. I guess Sweden must have been really good this August. Fortunately Ikea Singapore also carry Wästgöta kloster ost, yum!

Anonymous said...

/Josefine