Sunday, April 4, 2010

Epilog

I can't believe that this is the first post I write this year... That's way too late, I know, but there were so many things going on and I found it rather difficult to write about them before now.

First of all, Natsuko and I got married!



We registered our marriage at the ward office in Tokyo on the 2nd of January. That is 2010-01-02. Pretty neat date, isn’t it?



In March we spent a few days on Ishigakijima (a Japanese island outside of Taiwan) with our families. That’s where we had our wedding ceremony. Ishigakijima is a wonderful place. I really miss it.



The 23rd of March was my last day in the lab. Things went quite smooth in the end and I managed to finish most of what I wanted. I have a lot of work to do in Sweden now, but that should be fine as long as I can keep motivated.

On the 24th I went for a final interview at Kanebo Cosmetics in Tokyo. They called me the day after and gave me a job offer.

I spent the last week in Tokyo meeting with friends, Natsuko’s family and packing 2½ years of life in a bag and a few boxes.



I came back home to Sweden on the 31st of March.

A busy schedule but many things turned out for the best. I guess I’m lucky.





Now I’m living in my parents’ house in Svedmyra, Stockholm.

Things I will enjoy in Sweden are:

Being with my family.
Managing my time, myself.
Sailing.

Things I will miss from Japan are:

My wife.
Warmth.
Japanese food (though bread in Sweden is delicious).


This entry is named epilog but that might not be a true title, because I intend to keep on writing and posting pictures. So feel free to check in from time to time in the future as well.

Ok, that’s it.
Take care!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm late I know, but I was being tired to come here and see no news .. ;)
Congratulations again for the wedding, for your job, for everything that u r doing, u r fulfilling ur expectations, plans, dreams. And I know u'll continue to do so... U can be proud of u.
I hope that soon we'll be living on the same continent again :) & we'll manage to meet again.
Take good care of u and wish u all the best,
rapapa