Sunday, June 15, 2008

Another walkabout

Hejhej!

As some of you might already know we had a rather big earthquake in Japan on Saturday morning. The epicenter was quite far away from Tokyo but it shook a lot here as well. Enough to wake me up from my sleep. I can tell you that an earthquake is not my favorite way of starting the day...

But everything is fine now, all you can do is forget about it. I spent Saturday evening with Matt at Ai Ai, an Okinavan restaurant not far away from Harajuku, eating a lot of garlic and drinking a great deal of Awamori (Okinawan sake).

Today I took my camera for another long walk around Tokyo. Here are a couple of pictures from that. Click for larger versions.

A narrow house.


Another view. Note the car parked under the house.



There's not much air between the roof of the car and the building! It's as if they first measured the height of the parking space and then chose what car model to get based on that...

I felt rather exhausted after today's walk and decided to go to the local sento for a bath. This is what it looks like.

The sento is the red building to the right. To the left is a coin laundry. This laundry/sento combination seems to be common in Japan.


The sign to look for when you are tired.

That's it.

Take care!

No comments: