Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Kanazawa

I spent this weekend in Kanazawa, a small town on the northern side of Honshu. I've actually been there before. Natsuko and I went there in the end of February 2005 on our first trip together. There are some interesting spots that shouldn't be missed out on; the Kenroku-en garden, the Ninja temple, the 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art and a small but nice fish market. The last thing (raw fish) is probably the best part of Kanazawa. It's absolutely delicious and I had a lot of it this time! :D

I took the overnight train from Tokyo on Friday night, an all together horrible experience that ended up in me only sleeping for 2 (non-consecutive) hours that night... Natsuko arrived already on Friday evening and stayed with Sayaka-chan, a friend from Osaka University who is now living and working in Kanazawa. She took care of us the whole time, driving us around to different parts of the town in her car. There is an old part of Kanazawa that resembles Kyoto in many ways, which was really nice, with several temples and calm streets.

I'm making a habit of playing around with my camera. Here's the result of that.

Me pretending to sleep in the train.


Kaisendon - sashimi on a bowl of rice.


Natsuko and Sayaka-chan sightseeing.


A meeting.


Taking a break.


Magurodon - different kinds of raw tuna on rice.
Too much, too good!


Ok, that's it.

Take care!

No comments: